Followers

About Me

My photo
Hello, nice to meet you! I started going gluten free in October of 2010. It was an adventure and still is. That is why I blog. I hope you enjoy visiting with me!

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Cheesy Potatoes

Last night for dinner I made cheesy potatoes. I have been trying to make homemade cheesy potatoes for some time now, because the box kinds have wheat in them :(! So it 's been trial and error a few times, but last night they came out delicious! My husband even loved them! I am wishing now that I had taken a picture so I could post it on here for you to see. Next time I will for sure!
Well, here is my super easy and way too awesome recipe:
First I cleaned my potatoes then sliced them very thinly. I leave the skin on because it is nutritious, and helps keep them from falling apart.
Then I boiled them for about 30min or until they are soft but not falling apart.I test it with a spoon.
Then took a 2 qt pan and put 2tbs of milk in it. I sprinkled some cheese it with the milk.
Then I placed the potatoes in the pan, making sure they were spread out evenly.
Last I sprinkled cheese all over the potatoes covering all of them.
I put the oven on 375 and baked it until the milk looked more like cheese sauce and the cheese was melted. About 15min or so

I am sorry I don't have exact measurements for all of this. I kinda cook by the seat of my pants. I really don't like being cookie cutter and always allow room for improvements. Next time we are going to add bacon! mmmm

Thanks for reading! I hope you enjoy your cheesy potatoes :-)

2 comments:

  1. YAY! I will try this recipe too! It's something I haven't made yet. Thanks for positing, Crystal! :D

    ReplyDelete