Followers

About Me

My photo
Hello, nice to meet you! I started going gluten free in October of 2010. It was an adventure and still is. That is why I blog. I hope you enjoy visiting with me!

Monday, May 23, 2011

Gluten Free Chocolate Muffins YES Please!!


Ok so I got gutsy with this one and went out on my own. I made gluten free muffins from this recipe. I just substituted the flour with Namaste's Gluten Free flour. It was Fantastic!! They make just the right snack with no after taste or funny taste at all. They are great with a cup of milk or just by themselves. It made about 24 muffins for me and I froze the extra's for other day's and kept about 10 in the refrigerator.


I got the recipe from this website    http://www.muffinrecipes.net/


The only thing that is confusing about the recipe is that it doesn't tell you what to do with that 1/3 cup of vegetable oil. I added it to the wet ingredients. It came out fine so hopefully that is what it was for. :) I hope you try this out for yourself and love them!

Chocolate Chip Muffins

2/3 cup of baking cocoa.
2 large eggs.
2 cups of flour. (substitute Namaste's Gluten Free Flour)
1 cup of chocolate chips.
1/2 cup of sugar.
2 teaspoons of baking soda.
1 1/3 cups of milk.
1/3 cup of vegetable oil.
1 teaspoon of vanilla.
1/2 teaspoon of salt.

Instructions:

Preheat your oven to 400°F.

Coat muffin tins with non-stick cooking spray.

In a large bowl, combine the cocoa, flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and vanilla.

Stir in half a cup of chocolate chips.

In a separate bowl, combine the eggs and milk. (I added the oil in too???)

Add the egg/milk mixtute to the other ingredients until moistened.

Scoop the batter evenly into the prepared pan.

Sprinkle with the remaining chocolate chips.

Bake for about twenty minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.

Cool on a wire rack before removing from the pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment