Followers

About Me

My photo
Hello, nice to meet you! I started going gluten free in October of 2010. It was an adventure and still is. That is why I blog. I hope you enjoy visiting with me!

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Gluten Free Mac n Cheese

This is a post about three kinds of gluten free Mac n Cheeses I have tried. 


The first one is Annie's. It is a rice pasta with a Parmesan cheese mix. The first thing I noticed about this pasta was that it took a little longer to cook than the box recommended which didn't surprise me because most gluten free pastas do. The mac n cheese was a mild flavor and was a little bland. This pasta isn't too expensive and you get the mix with it so over all I think I would rate this product at 3 stars.


The next pasta I have tried was De Boles gluten free Mac n Cheese. It was also a rice based pasta. It came with a cheese sauce mix and was Cheddar. This pasta took the amount of time on the box to soften and as soon as I poured in the mix, milk, and butter, I knew this was going to be a tasty dinner. Unlike Annie's, De Boles has lots of flavor and is very satisfying. I rate this gluten free pasta at 5 stars as the best I have tasted so far! It is also a little cheaper than Annie's.


The last pasta is still De Bole's, but just the elbow noodles. I went to a different store in search of the De Boles Mac n Cheese I had found before but only found the elbow noodles. It was the same price as the De Boles Mac n Cheese with the mix included. But since I was short on time I decided to pick it up anyways. I had cheese at home that I could use to make up mac n cheese with. There is a difference with the noodles though, they are corn noodles. And they cook up at the time said on the box: 8 Min. They can be over cooked and become mush so watch your noodles and don't let them sit in the hot water! Also since they are corn they taste a little different. They were better than most noodles I have tasted so I didn't count it a loss at all. Plus I got more meals out of the box than I did from the De Boles Mac n Cheese with mix, So over all I give it a 4 star rating.

Thanks for reading. I hope this has given you some options to try for yourself! Let me know if you have tried these pastas and what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment