Followers

About Me

My photo
Hello, nice to meet you! I started going gluten free in October of 2010. It was an adventure and still is. That is why I blog. I hope you enjoy visiting with me!

Monday, April 18, 2011

Eating At Eat'n Park

So last week a small group of business partners and I went out to Eat'n Park for a late night dinner. I had recently had a conversation with someone who works there about their gluten free choices. I learned of their gluten free bread rolls and wanted to try them. As most gluten free breads do not taste very good my expectations were low.
The waitress was very friendly in helping me order a gluten free choice and told me how they could prepare the rolls for me with my choice of toppings. The first thing I noticed was they are very big! There was no way I could bite into that sandwich! So I used my knife and fork to cut it up to eat it. The roll was very crumbly, and literally fell apart as I tried to use my fork to eat it. So I used my spoon to scoop it up.
The gluten free roll actually tasted pretty good. And I think wouldn't have been so dry if I put mayo or butter on it. I did notice a little after taste, and I knew that not having bread of any kind in such a long time may have skewed my favor for the rolls. So I had my friend try a piece. She said it tasted pretty good, that there was a little bit of a different taste to it, and didn't favor the aftertaste.
Over all I would rate this gluten free bread roll at a 4. Not so bad and a tasty treat to what I normally get at a restaurant.

No comments:

Post a Comment