Followers

About Me

My photo
Hello, nice to meet you! I started going gluten free in October of 2010. It was an adventure and still is. That is why I blog. I hope you enjoy visiting with me!

Friday, January 7, 2011

Tasty/Not so Tasty

Here are some of the gluten free foods that I got to try over the Holiday's as my awesome family came into town and bought me many different brands to try. Some were awesome... and some were awful. = (

Namaste
 is a brand that has many gluten free mixes. These are awesome because you can make a lot of variety of things with out buying all the extras in order to make it! Cookies, cakes, biscuits, and pie crusts. It does have a little bit of a different taste, but not one that makes you gag or screams Gluten Free! My family had some of the  Cake made with this brand and they loved it as well! I give this brand 4 stars.

Almond Dream
An ice cream made from Almonds and has different flavors. I had a coffee flavored one that was amazing! It is dairy free and gluten free, which made my stomach feel awesome as dairy has a tendency to make me feel horrible. I give this brand 4 stars

Gluten Free Bisquick
Great product. It tastes just like the regular kind of Bisquick and leaves no after taste. I give this product 5 stars.

Julies
I had their gluten free Ice Cream Cookies. These have an after taste. If you can get beyond the taste they are ok. I would give this brand 2 stars.

Van's Waffles
These are ok. They have a somewhat whole grain taste. They taste better with a little jam on them. I give them 3 stars.

I will follow up with some more brands I got to try a little later. These are the best that I have tried so far.

Thank you for joining me on my journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment