Followers

About Me

My photo
Hello, nice to meet you! I started going gluten free in October of 2010. It was an adventure and still is. That is why I blog. I hope you enjoy visiting with me!

Friday, January 28, 2011

5 Minute Cakes!




Thanks to my Mother in Love who sent me this awesome recipe for 5 minuet cakes you can bake in your microwave! I'll share the recipe she gave me with you. These awesome cakes are great for snacking and for dressing up for desserts and really only takes 5 minuets to put together.
I have to say I was a little leery at first. Cakes you can bake in a mug in the mircrowave. Really? But they turned out awesome!

Here it is:
Ingredients:
4 TBSP all-purpose gluten free flour (I used Namaste gluten free flour)
4 TBSP sugar
2 TBSP cocoa
1 egg
3 TBSP milk
3 TBSP oil (I used butter bc we ran out of oil)
3 TBSP chocolate chips (maybe next time, I'm leaving tomorrow morning and don't have time to shop)
2-3 DROPS vanilla extract
1 coffee mug

Directions:
Add dry ingredients to the mug, and mix well with a fork.  Add the egg
and mix thoroughly.  Pour in the milk, oil and vanilla and mix well,
being sure to scrape the edges of the cup to incorporate all the dry
ingredients.  Add the chocolate chips and mix again.

Place the mug in the microwave and cook for 4 minutes (900 watts) on
high.  3 minutes (1000 watts) on high

The cake will rise over the top of the mug and then sink down when the
microwave turns off.  Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a
place.  Run a knife around the edge if it doesn’t slide out easily.


I hope you enjoy this fun recipe and get to have a nice sweet treat for a change. Thank you Deni Breitenbach. These will make a perfect snack for our trip tomorrow!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

No comments:

Post a Comment